Your home is your sanctuary. That’s why it’s crucial to live in it comfortably! When you’re in the market for a new HVAC unit, you may be overwhelmed by options. Before deciding on one, you’ll want to know the individual benefits that ductless and traditional systems offer.
You can’t go wrong with Wright ACServices! Our team of professionals holds themselves to a higher standard, especially when it comes to the comfort of our clients. We’ve compiled a guide discussing the benefits of traditional and ductless HVAC systems. Read ahead to determine which one will best suit your San Antonio home!
Are Ductless ACs More Efficient Than Traditional?
Ductless and traditional air conditioners provide the same end result: complete comfort! However, one type may meet your needs more efficiently than the other. Also known as a mini-split system, ductless units are more energy efficient than central air conditioning.
Mini-split utility costs are typically lower than standard AC. This machinery offers a variety of benefits that make them more appealing to homeowners. Your personal preference will ultimately help you determine if this is the best HVAC component for your home.
Pros And Cons Of Ductless AC
Mini-splits consist of two units — no ducts are required! An outdoor condenser connects to an indoor evaporator, passing heat back and forth between one another. The system transports the heat outside your home for cooling. Similarly, it absorbs outside warmth to heat your home during chillier periods.
Advantages Of A Ductless System
Ductless technology works hard to meet the needs of every home. This machinery offers numerous household benefits, a few of which are:
- Energy efficiency: These systems use less energy to heat and cool your home, only running in desired spaces.
- Easy installation: Since they don’t require ducts, installation takes less time than traditional units.
- Personalized comfort: You can adjust the temperatures in individual rooms.
Disadvantages Of A Ductless System
Every pro has its con, even with your HVAC system. A few potential drawbacks to mini-split technology are:
- High upfront costs: Ductless technology is typically more costly than traditional AC.
- Not ideal for larger homes: This technology is better suited for small households.
- Visibility: Ductwork hides in your attic and crawlspaces, but ductless units are easily seen in most rooms.
Pros And Cons Of Central HVAC System Installation
Traditional AC features one main unit that transports air using a series of ducts. These channels allow even temperature control throughout your home. Like mini-splits, central air conditioning has a few notable benefits and drawbacks.
Advantages Of Central AC
Most modern homes are built with traditional air conditioning. These systems are efficient for heating and cooling, offering the following benefits:
- Convenience: You can heat and cool your home from a single thermostat.
- Lower installation cost: These systems usually cost less than ductless technology.
- Indoor air quality: Traditional AC is highly efficient at filtering airborne pollutants from your home.
Disadvantages Of Central AC
Despite its benefits, traditional air conditioning has a few cons:
- Cost of ductwork installation: Older homes with no existing ductwork will require duct installation for central AC usage.
- Less energy-efficient: Many units have high SEER ratings but are less efficient at conserving energy than ductless technology.
- Duct maintenance: Your ductwork will require occasional maintenance as it ages.
Make The Wright Choice With San Antonio AC Replacement
Wright AC Services is here to relieve your comfort-related stress! Our detail-oriented and reliable technicians are here to help you find a system that can meet all your needs. Contact us today to schedule your next AC replacement service!